Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer Semester, Module B Summary

I'm in the middle of my seventh and eighth program courses. Where does the time go? As a side note, those of you who are putting off joining a program because you don't have the time, reconsider. Time accelerates and compresses so much, you don't have the opportunity to consider what you've gotten yourself into. Just get started.

This module marks the first two classes that represent what I wanted to get out of this program:
  • Marketing Management & Strategy; and
  • Corporate Finance
Both professors are exceptional and leaders in their fields.

A word on course methodology: When deciding which school to attend, I implore you to dig deep about teaching style. I've had two professors that claim to use the case method thus far: one thought he used the method and the other actually uses the method. Case studies are - hands down - the best way to go through B-School. I can prove this empirically - ask me for the digression. Make sure that whatever school you choose, this is the primary methodology.

I will touch on material covered in each course in future posts.